Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Proposal


I have to tell you a secret....whilst in Nevis, Dave dropped on his knee and asked me to marry him!!!!That's right y'all......the man himself has asked me to be his wife!! aaahhhhh.....well...what happened? I have to start from the very beginning.
When Dave came over before we went to the airport, I had to repack his suitcase ( as usual he's very messy ) I saw a box which was wrapped nicely. On top is a note which read, to mummy merry christmas love dave, azizah, tj and cat. And so I thought it was nothing. I asked him what was the pressie, he casually mentioned that he had bought a nice necklace for his mom. And so that was that.
We had planned to go for a nice romantic dinner at the caribbean at the Four Seasons, which I thought was great. When we got there, the bloody restaurant, which was planned for, was closed!!! I was so down....but the concierge reffered us to the other al fresco restaurant which was by the beach called 'Mango'. When we reached there, I felt so over-dressed. All the other patrons were dressed so casually, I told Dave that, he said he loved the way we were. ( ok, so this blog will be a mushy one rite, what do I care, I just got engaged!! ) We talked. We drank. A lot more bollocks talking! I even took the pictures of the food that was ordered!!! After the main course, Dave said he needed to go to the men's room. I said ok. It took him a long while. I sincerely thought that the only restrooms were at the main lobby none at the restaurant. Little did I know that he ran back to the car to get the ring there!! He came back with the box, the one that was for his mom and told me to open it. I said no!!! He said, just open. I said at this stage, I will probably tear out the wrapping, he said it's ok. Then I did. Then I saw the ring. Then I slammed the box shut. I cannot believe it. Then he got down on one knee and said the most magical words, Azizah, will you marry me? aaaaaahhhh....how sweet.....The best part is that it fit, the ring fit perfectly!!! The ring is perfect. Not too bling bling. From then on, the only words that I could mutter was oh my god! hee hee hee
So there, please meet the soon-to-be Mrs Dave Crane ladies and gents!! How cool is that?
For those I've not called and tell you personally, I sincerely apologise. Please don't be upset. You know who you are.....For those I did....Oh My God!!!!
xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you my dear friend. I'm so very HAPPY for ya!!!!!

Luv,
Junita

zaza_on_tour said...

Thank you.....

nadia said...

Congratulations!!! Don't forget to invite me to the wedding :)