Sunday, December 17, 2006

Brugge

Went to Brugge, pronounced Bruj, today. It was nice, I enjoyed it. Brugge is a little town 45min train ride from Brussels. We set off at 8am! I checked the weather before we left, 3 degrees. I hoped that it would be warmer when the sun is up, it was. Unfortunately, at most places the tall buildings were blocking my favourite planet.
When we got to the train station, we were early by 30min. The first train that heads that way was at 9am, so we had breakkie first. Ah, morning coffee is always nice innit? We first went to the ice exhibition, mostly all the sculptures were inspired by the cartoon Ice Age. The temperature inside? -5 degrees. Braving myself, went in, snapped all the pictures quickly then headed out for a nice warm tomato soup to warm myself up again. People!! My fingers and toes were numb. So numb it hurt!! Perhaps we were not really dressed properly for that. I mean you really need thermal gloves and boots don't ya? I would!!
Then we went to venture the town. I tell you, today was our lucky day. Firstly, the train ticket would normally be 24euros was 7 today. The busses were free as well!! They say it's because today's Sunday?! Well....normally or back where I'm from, on weekends the price would be double!! HHmmm, Europe...funny huh?
So, we walked and walked and walked and walked thanks to Mustafa who became our tour guide today. Me and Ting Ting were counting the seconds as they pass by. The moment he said, ok finish! huh!!! aren't we relieved!! What do you expect? From 8am to numb toes til 5pm!!!
We slept in the train back. The rest decided to head straight back to the hotel to sleep. Not me, I told them that if I sleep now, I will be awake at 3am!! What the f@$k would I do at that time in the morning? Sssooo, Kannatikarn and myself decided to go for dinner. She wanted some roughage in her. Me? More Mussels!!! Yup, had the whole plate to myself, mussels with melted cheese in garlic butter sauce. Yumm yumm yumm...
So, I'm finally back in the hotel room, time check 9.46pm Brussels time. I skyped Dave but he did not reply. Still busy mingling with the important stars in India I suppose!! ( huh! you wanna know more right? can't tell you now!! hee hee )
Will call my honey bunny ( god he'll kill me if he knows I call him that ) again before setting my nice warm bath. Right, I hope you will enjoy the pikkies I took,if you don't ....you need to ask? You know the link.
Adios Amigos
xx

No comments: